Positive energy is positively contagious. Live like a flower and pollinate by transmitting your optimism, kindness and love to change a person’s day or quite possibly their life. Jayme Barrett, an authority on inspired living and author of Feng Shui Your Life, shares her results-oriented ways to transform the lives of others by sharing positive energy.
- Radiate joy & happiness. Start every day in a good mood, and let your happiness uplift others. Make someone laugh with a funny joke, or share a hilarious memory on Facebook. Smile. Wear clothing with a positive message. If you need a jump start in the morning, think flowers. Research from Harvard shows looking at flowers first thing in the morning makes you feel less anxious, more compassionate and more energetic throughout the day.
- Celebrate & acknowledge people. Make an effort to praise and compliment friends, family and co-workers. When you celebrate someone’s accomplishment or efforts, large or small, it can make their day and give them confidence to continue on. Taking special notice of unique qualities, hard work and time spent is a gift and a blessing. Marking those special times with flowers will keep you in their memories forever.
- Share your creative spark & business smarts. Share your business know-how with a newbie. Being a casual mentor can transform a person’s life. Brainstorm fresh ideas, offer to make an introduction, read a proposal or send them your resources. It doesn’t need to take a lot of your time but it can help launch them towards the realization of their dreams.
- Listen with undivided attention. In these days of smart phones and tablets, interruptions and distractions are rampant. Giving someone your complete attention is a gift. Put your phone on silent, turn off the television, walk away from the computer, and listen with your heart. Sharing your attention will make them feel number one, and you’ll feel connected in a meaningful way.
- Pay it forward. A magical way of spreading positive energy is to do something unexpected for a stranger. Offer to run an errand, bring an elderly person to a doctor, or let a stranger go in front of you in line. Bring flowers to a neighbor, or offer to babysit for a couple hours. Kind acts help others and give you a sense of purpose. We feel more deserving of happiness when we have given it ourselves.
- Give your love freely. Love is the nectar of life. It sustains us. Love your partner, family and children with all of your heart. Show your deep affection with daily positive words and actions. Say “I love you,” give big bear hugs, surprise them with flowers, spend quality time, do the dishes, and honor their passions.
This is part of the Live Like A Flower series.
Read Jayme Barrett’s blog post on Pollinate.
Want to find a local florist? Visit NationalFloristDirectory.com.